The Wayz Control Tower in the Port of Rotterdam area will become operational on 30 September 2013. The Control Tower will be the site where Wayz carries out total chain management for its clients. The goal is to increase the number of synchromodally transported refrigerated containers in the Rotterdam-Rijnmond region between the Maasvlakte and Barendrecht/the Westland subregion.
- Better distribution of shipments over time as a result of planning and peak shaving.
- Simpler use of inland shipping by transferring the power to decide to transport refrigerated containers by barge to a Control Tower.
- Improved response to future demands of terminals and/or legislators.
- Less worry about the dispatch procedure for empty refrigerated containers because the Control Tower takes care of the return logistics.
- Reduced CO2 emissions by replacing road transport with water transport.
Wayz an eye for logistics
T +31 (0) 10 307 09 95